As our parents age, we naturally take on a different role in their lives – one of those roles is coordinating housekeeping for them.
If you’re considering a housekeeping company to help keep Mom and Dad’s place clean, here are a few questions to consider asking at the interview phase:
- How long have you been in business?
- Are your people insured?
- Do you carry Worker’s Compensation Insurance?
- Tell me about how you clean YOUR bathroom.
- Tell me about how you clean YOUR kitchen.
- How would you handle interruptions – questions, changes in direction, etc, from my parents?
While this list isn’t exhaustive by any means, it gives you a really good head start on getting a deep understanding of who you’re dealing-with, and if they’ll have a chance of successfully working with your parents.